Monday, September 6, 2010

Will Schools Ever Be Ready For Cell Phones?

For many students, cell phones are the new drug of choice.  The try to stay in control but eventually for many their willpower isn't strong enough and they have to take a peek.  Whether they look in their bag, under the bag, or in their lap the eyes always give them away. 

The potential to use phones in education could be staggering and they say, "if you can't beat 'em join em", I just don't know if I'm ready along with most teachers.  I have heard of teachers using phones as an asset... like using texting to pass along info in group settings in the classroom or sending homework help in the evenings.  I am impressed with the scientific calculators that can be downloaded as an app... why not use a free one rather than spend $12 at the store?  Unfortunately, I fear the kid that will looks like he/she is using the phone as a calculator but really is texting.

I doubt if I will ever be ready for cell phones in the classroom, but for now I sure am enjoying that new calculator I downloaded the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment